Providing a destination for users to find and receive online help is a great way to make a business operate more efficiently. Online Help Documentation and FAQ pages can improve satisfaction across the board, a huge benefit for your customers and business. A professional technical writing and documentation services team has the knowledge and background to effectively document problems and craft straightforward, user-friendly solutions.
What is an Online Help Page?
An online help page is a location on a website where users can search for answers to questions they may have encountered about a business or product. A help page could be as simple as a list of contacts to which users can ask questions, or something more complicated, like a form that a user can fill out to request help about a particular issue. Another common layout is a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
What is a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Page?
A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page is a list of documented questions that users frequently ask, coinciding with a list of solutions to these questions. This method provides the opportunity for users to find answers without directly consulting an employee, thus minimizing resources used on providing customer support.
Benefits of Online Help and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Pages
Documenting common problems and their solutions will help to lighten the load on both employees and users. Whether a user has a broad question about a service, or a specific question about how to use a piece of software, giving him or her the ability to find an answer to that question will improve the user experience.
- Studies show that users prefer companies that make them feel comfortable. Answering questions for users is a great way to make them feel at home on your website.
- FAQ Pages can reduce the amount of time employees spend answering questions, thus making a business more efficient.
- Online Help Pages can improve efficiency by allowing users to directly ask a specific question, rather than a broad, non-documented one.
- FAQ Pages can increase your online visibility on Google and other search engines.
- FAQ Pages can boost sales since people will have basic information to make a decision.
- Providing customers with answers to their questions improves overall satisfaction and helps develop brand loyalty.
Whether you need a team of consultants to produce a complete line of documentation or a single technical writer for a brief project, Essential Data’s Engagement Manager will lead the project from start to finish. At Essential Data Corporation, the quality of our work is guaranteed. Contact us today to get started. (800) 221-0093 or email@example.com
Written by Jeffrey Pinsker-Smith